Wednesday, March 18, 2015

ATM (2012) - Review



I don’t even know what to say about this movie.  It was that boring.

Hmm... synopsis, I guess?  Does anyone really care though?  Fine, whatever.  Three co-workers go to an ATM, then they get locked in by a mystery man in a fur coat that tries to kill them for 80 minutes. 
You’ve got your ten minutes of character “building” setup, 79 minutes of boring thriller wankery, and a last minute twist that means nothing.

You know what?  This movie sucks so much that I’m going to spoil the twist.  Alright, so the killer frames the last surviving guy for the death of the other two characters (one of whom is a skinny Josh Peck).  Then the last scene shows the hooded man go back to his warehouse or whatever and we see that he has a bunch of other plans for more random attack like this.

WOW!  What a twist!  Actually no, that doesn’t mean anything to me.  Is it supposed to be spooky because this kind of proves that it’s a completely random attack?  Well it’s not, because this whole movie is so vapid and dumb that I wasn’t caring about anything.  I was just hoping for someone to deliver dialogue poorly or overact or something.  There’s not even much of that though.  Yuck.
You lost the weight, but you'll never find a good film!  MWAHAHA

I can’t be bothered to spend more time on this than I have to, so I’m not going to look up the budget.  But if it was over like a million dollars, then... come on, guys?  What are you doing with your lives?  Who wrote this and how did you get this crap greenlit and actually made?  Because it’s a piece of garbage and I want to make a living writing shitty movies too for next to no effort.

Sorry Josh Peck, better luck next time.



No comments: